Empowering Digital Transformation in the Mining and Metallurgical Industry
Geometa’s dedicated team recently showcased our expertise at the prestigious International Metallurgical Summit «Digitalisation.» This summit serves as a specialized platform for IT professionals within the mining and metallurgical industry, where the primary objective is to identify and integrate digital technologies into the global mining and metallurgy markets. Our participation was marked by a commitment to promoting Geometa and our digitalization prowess, as well as gaining valuable insights into the challenges and needs of this industry.
We demonstrated the capabilities of our Geometa platform helping to address the digital demands of the mining and metallurgical industry:
- Spatial Analysis with Geodata: Geometa excels in working with geospatial data, enabling powerful spatial analyses that aid in decision-making and strategic planning.
- Multi-Tenant Flexibility: Our platform’s multi-tenant architecture offers a flexible data model and access rights differentiation. This feature ensures that various stakeholders can seamlessly collaborate while maintaining data security and integrity.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Geometa empowers data-driven decision-making through its advanced capabilities, allowing monitoring and informed choices.
- End-to-End Construction Management: From inception to completion, Geometa seamlessly oversees the full construction cycle of objects within the system, making it an invaluable tool for project management.
- Computer Vision-Enabled Data Analysis: Leveraging cutting-edge computer vision technologies, Geometa enables insightful data analysis, taking data utilization to a new level.
The summit provided a platform to discuss pivotal growth areas within the mining and metallurgical industry and to engage with representatives from major metallurgical companies and their technology vendors.
One of the prevalent challenges in the metallurgical industry, akin to the construction industry five years ago, is the deficiency of accessible data. Much crucial data remains on paper or scattered across disparate information systems, hindering effective monitoring and predictive analytics using Big Data technologies.
At Geometa, we are poised to address these challenges effectively. Our platform presents vast opportunities not only in urban planning but also in the field of metallurgy. We’ve already demonstrated our expertise by successfully implementing Geometa for one of the largest mining companies in the CIS.
Our collaboration with this major mining company served to address key objectives within the metallurgical industry:
- Preliminary Terrain Evaluation: The system provides the ability to conduct an initial terrain assessment, evaluating the feasibility of operational development. This involved analyzing infrastructure elements, such as roads, power lines, and access points, and considering factors like protected areas. The resulting interactive map format promotes stakeholder engagement and aids in strategic decision-making.
- Asset Infrastructure Management: Geometa provides an efficient solution for overseeing and managing essential asset infrastructure in the industry, including quarries and storage sites. This comprehensive data management, encompassing spatial and semantic information, ensures streamlined operational control.
- License Portfolio Oversight: Our platform maintains a robust registry of licenses associated with proprietary assets, serving as a crucial repository for operational insights. This oversight includes monitoring license-related activities and adhering to document preparation timelines specified by these licenses, thus enhancing regulatory compliance and operational efficiency.
Geometa’s participation in the International Metallurgical Summit “Digitalisation” exemplifies our commitment to driving digital transformation in the mining and metallurgical industry. Our advanced technology solutions and commitment to addressing industry challenges make us a trusted partner in this evolving landscape. We look forward to future collaborations and innovations in this vital sector.
Introducing Geometa’s Mobile App for Streamlined Field Operations
Until recently, Geometa’s platform was exclusively available in a web version, aligning with the preferences of our government and business clients who prioritize advanced IT solutions for workplace tasks. However, recognizing the unique demands of urban planning and city management that require field-based decision-making, Geometa has introduced its first-ever mobile app.
Empowering Productivity: The Evolution of Geometa’s Mobile App
In response to user requests for flexible Geometa access beyond their desks, our focus turned to mobile development, an essential part of our strategic vision. This initiative stemmed from user needs to perform Geometa actions on the go. For instance, professionals needed the ability to coordinate and digitally sign documents, conduct urban environment surveys, and document completed earthworks with photos. This feedback laid the foundation for our inaugural mobile application.
Before embarking on this journey, we closely examined a client’s real-world practices. For instance, confirming the completion of excavation work involved specialists physically visiting sites, capturing images, returning to their workspace to analyze the data, and then making decisions. This process was time-consuming and prone to errors.
In response, we developed the «Earthworks» mobile app, streamlining employee tasks and reducing processing times. This innovation not only enables users to visit more sites but also significantly improves service delivery timelines.
Simplifying On-Site Workflow: The Earthworks Mobile App
The Earthworks mobile app is designed to help specialists document the conditions of areas before and after excavation using photos. This visual data is then seamlessly transmitted to their workspace for well-informed decision-making.
The Earthworks mobile app empowers users to:
1. Precisely Locate Excavation Areas:
All excavation sites are meticulously displayed on an interactive map. The app’s geolocation feature aids in navigating the terrain and identifying nearby sites. Clear map contours highlight the exact work boundaries. Furthermore, users can conveniently access previously viewed sites through the search history.
2. Effortlessly Review Excavation Permits:
Within the app, users can access essential details such as excavation type, start and end dates, contractor information, work conditions, and site photos. This data is sourced in real-time from the Geometa system, ensuring accuracy.
3. Verify Work Completion with Images:
Users can confirm completed work and evaluate its quality by adding photos. The app simplifies documenting site conditions, allowing users to use the device’s camera or gallery. All images uploaded are seamlessly integrated into the Geometa system.
4. Access Comprehensive Trip Histories:
The app maintains a log of a technician’s site visits, easily accessible through the calendar feature. By selecting a date, users can quickly retrieve information about sites visited on a specific day.
Developing Excellence: The Journey Behind the Earthworks App
Embarking on mobile development required a dedicated team at Geometa, committed to advancing this direction.
Before developing the Earthworks app, the team delved into the Geometa system and user experiences.
Mobile developers faced the challenge of optimizing data for smaller screens, a departure from web development. The team prioritized data optimization to ensure an intuitive user experience.
To ensure cross-platform usability, the team dedicated time to ensure interface elements were accessible and intuitive across various smartphone brands and sizes. This led to two distinct app designs that retained visual consistency while catering to platform-specific requirements.
The integration of Geometa’s API and mapping APIs facilitated seamless interaction between the platform and the app.
Continuing the Journey: Embracing Future Possibilities
As the mobile app enters beta testing, Geometa is focused on gathering valuable feedback for refinement.
Beyond this phase, Geometa remains committed to advancing mobile development. Prospective developments may include remote document coordination, efficient inventories, and seamless data collection.