Automated Territory Search for Land Development
The new Territory Analysis module for Geometa allows land developers to save time and money on finding a territory. Find a suitable land parcel and learn about building restrictions, all in one app.
At the core of the Territory Analysis module is an assessment of three key elements.
First, the current use of the territory, including information about existing buildings and land parcels.
Secondly, the plans for how the territory should be developed in accordance with regulatory documentation, e.g. in terms of social or transport infrastructure.
Thirdly, the intended purpose of the territory, standards and restrictions on its use, established by law.
Use the new Geometa app for following cases:
- Have a site in mind and an idea of what to place on it? Select an area and check if it is suitable for construction. A store, a gas station or a residential building — you just specify several characteristics and request a report from which you can find out if there are any restrictions on construction without contacting the city administration.
- Check for suitability returned no results? This means that no land parcel was found or the site can’t accommodate the facility. In this case, select a site, define characteristics of planned facility, and wait until a suitable site is automatically picked. The calculation takes into account the size of the site, current development status, the established rules and restrictions on construction: the permitted land use, the built-up area, the number of storeys, the minimum required size. Make the tool even more useful by choosing to search only in undeveloped areas. This saves the investor money on demolition and resettlement.
- Want to keep the suitability check results? Get a document with complete information about the characteristics of the territory, existing buildings and restrictions, all in one PDF.
The tool has almost unlimited potential for functionality extension and customisations. For example, more checks can be introduced, machine vision can be employed to assess the attractiveness of territories, or integrations with external services for data exchange can be implemented. This means that the user will do more than just select a land plot for construction, he will also send an application for its acquisition right in the app. The Geometa development team is open to feedback and suggestions.
Want the selection of land for construction to be simple and convenient? Deploy the Territory Analysis module.
Introducing Version 5.32 of Geometa
Release 5.32 is out!
Just like the seasons change, Geometa goes through changes too.
This autumn brings standard fixes and upgrades, as well as the launch of a new module “API for the cartographic data exchange”. Set up this module to display Geometa spatial data in third-party applications as a raster basemap or as vectors.
Our gratitude goes to all business partners, customers and users of the platform for feedback and suggestions on improving Geometa. Our team is always ready to help and solve your problems.
Key changes in 5.32 version since 5.28:
- It is now technically possible to inform the applicant about the progress of the digital services and to transfer the resulting documents directly to his or her account on the Public Services Portal. All that regardless of how the application was submitted and what method for issuing the result was selected.
- Information from State System for Urban Planning can now be retrieved as a copy of data, documents and information, not just as a certificate like it was before. Geometa automatically gathers data from the system to be retrieved.
- Several additions were made to the list of services for interaction with Public Services Portal. The following services are now available, applications can be received from the Public Services Portal*
- Issuance of permits for the right to cut down green spaces;
- Installation of billboard banners, approval process for billboard placement design;
- Privatization of municipally or state owned land parcels via auction;
- Privatization of municipally or state owned land parcels without bidding process;
New optional modules available for set up:
- Meet out new module “API for the cartographic data exchange”. Using the API, spatial objects stored in Geometa can be accessed from external systems. The data is provided as a map image or as vectors with spatial data and semantic attributes. WMTS and WFS standards are supported.*
New features of the Geometa platform available in updates:
- We updated the templates for construction permit and the commissioning permit to meet the requirements of the orders of the Ministry of Construction of the Russian Federation N446/pr dated the 3rd of June 2022 and N711/pr dated the 9th of February 2022.
- Interactive Urban Map now features map legend. With its help, you can view the meaning of map symbols linked to objects.*
- Next change concerns State System for Urban Planning. Users can now certify with a digital signature the act of correcting errors in submitted data. And now if a specialist submits documents to the system, the information about his digital signature can be viewed.
- Geometa system now supports introducing changes to the commissioning permit.
- More information can now be filled in when importing a construction technical plan.
- The documents submitted to the State System for Urban Planning and the map territories covered by this documents are now impossible to delete in Geometa.
- Information contained in the digital administrative regulations received from the Digital Regulations Container can now be viewed.
- Urban Analytics module is now enhanced through new functionalities*:
- Displaying data on the map with breakdown by the number of residents in each building is now possible, taking into account the information contained in the external systems or calculated amounts. External systems include “BARS. Monitoring of housing and utilities” and “Housing and utilities reform”. Calculation of social facilities availability is done after selecting a preferred source of information about the city population.
- Users can now view the distribution of street photos over time on a graph. Visualization will help to see trends and bursts of photoactivity by season.
Introducing Version 5.27 of Geometa
Geometa 5.27 is out!
Hello again, fellow GIS specialists and Geometa users! We’d like to thank you all for the feedback, the daring and unusual requests that made our tasks far from trivial. The simple fact that we are making the system better together makes us happy!
Main new functionalities in new 5.27 release since 5.23 are:
- New search criteria introduced in Garnet Construction Suitability Check. Use the checkbox to search only for vacant lots that have no construction going on.*
- Links can now be followed to other websites on the Interactive Urban Map right from the object record.
- System properties now include the information on the person who initiated data import to the system with Web and Desktop Importer.*
- Invalid geometry in the system can now be found out with the Query Builder. For that, just specify a condition in the SQL clause.*
New optional modules:
Urban Analytics module improves the efficiency of city infrastructure management with the following features:
- Car accidents map — perform analysis to reveal road segments with higher risks of accidents with this thematic map. Identify the areas where accidents are most concentrated for a certain time period, study the information on each accident. Main goal is to help outline a road safety solution and reduce fatalities. A specific part of the city can also be selected to study how the number of accidents has changed there over time.
- Private cars density map — calculate how many cars occupy certain areas and visualize it on the map, reveal residential areas with overcrowded parking lots.
- Number of residents — for a more accurate analysis and evaluation consider what input data you provide to the tool. A complete set of data would include a number of residents living in multi-apartment and individual residential houses, as well as the built-up area and number of floors.
- Availability of social facilities — analyze if enough households are provided with kindergartens and schools, as well as their overall accessibility on a city-wide scale. Simulate how the social inclusion of households changes if an educational facility was to be built nearby.
- Shared city photos — wondering what place in the city is the most popular? Our tool visualizes the attractiveness of an urban environment by analyzing the geolocation of city street photos taken and posted on social networks.
- Earthworks map — reveal which areas with utilities are most accident-prone by analyzing issued earthworks permits for these areas. Accidents are assigned to correct areas and visualized on the map for a period of time of your choice. Alternatively, you can get a list of all the ongoing earthworks and organizations responsible for them:
These new features of the Geometa platform are now available with updates:
- While keeping information records on private individuals, you can now maintain a multi-level hierarchy of departments and divisions. As a future advantage, this will allow you to retrieve data linked with only a certain department or division.
- The system got improved algorithms now for data processing during replication. Same metadata categories are no longer displayed twice in attribute view panels when applying filters. The search is now noticeably more convenient. When filtering by a specific metadata category, objects from both your current project and a replicated project are displayed.
- Update and clean installation of the system has become easier and more reliable. We have added a feature to manage Ansible configurations remotely. This allows you to automatically maintain the system and its individual modules.
- The system now supports Geoserver version 2.20.4.
Updates are available subject with software technical support. Optional modules are marked with *.
Introducing Version 5.22 of Geometa
Every day we strive to make the system better. We collected the most popular requests and added them to new releases. We are happy to share our updates and improvements.
Main changes from version 5.19 to version 5.22:
- We paid much attention to improving the information security of the system. The changes that significantly increase the level of protection of Geometa are included in the latest releases.
- Implemented an intuitive interface for the building code card. Viewing and making changes to the building code has become more convenient.
- Implemented the possibility of signing with an electronic signature the fact of placing information, documents, and materials in the systems.
- Added the ability to set the rules for mandatory fields in the card depending on the conditions, for example: on the value of the status of the document, on the presence of a related object, geometry, and files. Multiple conditions can be configured at once.
- It is now possible to display the state of data for a certain period in the past for the entire map. Previously, this feature was only available for a single layer. When forming the state of the territory on the date, the style of the layers is saved.
Geometa features available in the new version:
- Implemented automatic change of the document status after the start of approval.
- The geocoding service now allows users to get the coordinates of the center of the land plot by cadastral number and the capital construction object by identification number.
- The Geometa API now has the ability to send and receive coordinate descriptions of objects.
- In the plug-in for integrating Geometa with QGIS, the ability to select the format for displaying Geometa layers has been added: in vector form or as an underlay.
- Implemented the ability to provide a service for making changes to the territory planning documentation.
- Implemented the ability of automatic generation of reports signed with the Electronic Signature of the System. When generating a report, an archive is created with a report in .pdf format and a system ES file.
- For the Land Use Code Analysis module, the list of tools has been extended:
- The tool allows users to see on the map the floor area ratio for each land plot in the city and obtain information on the compliance or non-compliance of the actual floor area ratio of the land plot with the requirements of urban planning regulations.
- The tool for searching and visualizing data on land plots on which buildings are located that do not meet the requirements of the Land use code in terms of the number of floors.
- The tool to check the compliance of the area of land plots with the requirements established in the Land use code. Allows users to get a sample of land plots, the area of which exceeds the maximum allowed or less than the minimum allowed.
- In the module «Search for territory (Garnet)» the search for territories for construction has been modified. Now the buildings of the Address Plan are taken into account, and users can also set the dimensions of the object planned for construction.
- The Overlap Locator Tool displays objects that lie completely inside another object.
- In the module «Data quality dashboard», the list of checks by objects of the address plan, engineering and transport infrastructure has been expanded.
Improvements and bug fixes:
- The ability to generate reports created using the Document Template Editor module in PDF format has been restored. By default, reports are generated in DOCX format.
- Added sorting of layer objects by creation date. Now the last created object is displayed on the map above all previously created ones.
- Fixed a bug where the document scope was not displayed if its geometry was specified as a multiline.
- Fixed a bug where the data of copyright holders were incorrectly specified when importing the Unified State Register of Real Estate data.
- Fixed duplication of explication numbers when building a land parcel map drawing.
- Fixed a bug in the land parcel map report where incomplete information about zones with special conditions of use was displayed.
- Fixed a bug where the selection of the object was not saved when generating a Graphical report.
- Styles of building layers from the address plan and styles of untyped objects have been adjusted to correctly display objects with geometry presented as a collection.
- Work has been carried out to improve the stability of the system.