Kazan (“The third capital of Russia” with a population of 1,5 million people) has been working with the Geometa platform since January 2019.
To organize and develop the activities in urban planning and land management of the departments of the Executive Committee of Kazan city, the Integrated Municipal Geographic Information System (hereinafter referred to as System) was introduced on the basis of the Geometa platform.
With the introduction of the System, the following main tasks were solved:
- Organized a single space of geoinformation data, urban planning documentation and other information of territorial planning.
- Ensured the availability and regular updating of legitimate information.
- Implemented the provision of electronic municipal services.
- Set up automation of processes of departments related to the formation and processing of spatial data.
Currently, work is underway to further develop the System and to solve the following tasks:
- Increase the degree of automation of the processes of providing municipal services.
- Improve the quality of planning and evaluation of the results of decisions made through the analysis tools based on System’s data.
- Develop the capabilities of the System for electronic interdepartmental interaction and integration with related information systems.
- Connect new system users and automate their administrative processes.
- Improve the System data security system.
At the moment, more than 40 workstations have been organized in the System.
The main ones are:
- Assignment, change, cancellation of addresses.
- Coordination of projects of engineering communications.
- Issuance of land parcel plan.
- Maintaining the state information system for urban planning.
- Providing information to the state information system for urban planning.
- Objects of cultural heritage.
- Preliminary agreement on the provision of land parcel.
- Approval of planning project.
- Issuance of building permits.
The following features of the System are actively used:
- Loading/unloading vector data in the following formats: tab, mif/mid, shp.
- Analysis based on spatial intersections.
- Performing geometric operations.
- Generation of output documents in docx, xlsx, odg, pdf, png formats.
- Coordination of documents with the ability to sign with a digital signature.
- Parsing xml.
- Formation of xml.
Administrators of the System can independently, without the participation of developers, expand the functionality of the system using the following modules:
- Metadata editor.
- Report template editor.
In addition to the main functionality, additional modules are implemented. Some of them:
- “Logging of the printing of graphic reports” — allows you to obtain information about users who generate graphic reports for the territory of interest.
- “Query Builder” — a tool for generating analytical samples.
- “Interaction with external information systems (API)” — provides the ability to organize interaction with external information systems according to the following scenarios: import / export of data from external information systems; interaction with service portals for the provision of state and municipal services in electronic form.
- “The state of the territory on the specified date” — the ability to display data about how the territory looked in the past, how the data looked in the system at the time of decision making.
Some modules, the implementation of which is expected in the near future:
- “Data Quality Monitoring System”.
- “Analysis of the territory in order to select a suitable location of the construction project” — determining the most effective location of the construction project on the territory both for citizens and for internal use by the department: checking the possibility of placing the project on the territory; search for a territory for the placement of a project.
- “Checking Documentation for Compliance with the System of Requirements” — a web service that allows you to pre-check the uploaded data for compliance with the System of Requirements.
- “Search for layers in the navigation panel” — the ability to quickly access directories in the Navigation panel.
- “QGIS Integration” – the ability to load layers in QGIS from Geoserver and prepare a cartographic report using QGIS tools based on System’s data.
- “API for the exchange of cartographic information” — the possibility of using the cartographic information of the System in external information systems.
- “Building a protection zone for engineering networks” — the ability to automatically create protection zones for engineering networks, based on user-specified indents.
- “Decision support system in the provision of municipal services” — an analytical check of the data is carried out and recommendations for further actions are formed.
- “Decision support system based on data from the System and external sources”.
During the implementation and operation of the system, we have a great rapport with the development team, a common drive for achieving the goals. The team is distinguished by high professionalism, efficiency in solving problems, a productive attitude to the comments and suggestions made, and an interest in the development of their product.
Wishes for further improvement of the platform:
- Organize a portal with personal accounts for citizens with the ability to obtain information, implement services
- Implement mobile application.
- Make a more user-friendly, modern, intuitive interface.